Bean and Rice DishContributed by RedMill
Simple, foolproof, and vegan!
- 1 can of black beans, or red beans, if you prefer
- 3/4 cup of brown rice, cooked according to directions
- A few tablespoons of salsa
- Some olive oil for the pan
- Seasonings: cumin, paprika, oregano, cayenne pepper
- Cook the rice.
- Drain and rinse the beans well.
- Preheat a large frying pan with some olive oil.
- When it's good and hot, dump in the beans and rice, and mix them together.
- Then stir in the salsa, however much you like. Chacun à son goût.
- Then, season with approximately 1/4 teaspoon of cumin, paprika to taste, as much cayenne pepper as you can stand, and a very small amount of oregano.
- Mix it all up and fry it until it's hot.
- Serve topped with fresh salsa, and enjoy!